Monday, 22 February 2010

Trek China 2010 Planning and progress

I've broken the project down into four strands:

  • getting fit and healthy
  • raising the money
  • preparation - covering all the things I need to buy and sort out (such as clothes, visa and money)
  • packing - will undoubtedly be done at the last minute although I will be starting a list of what will go in my hold bag and what will go in my rucksack before October!

Great – now I just need to come up with some timescales for each of these! Challenging as I'm very much a last minute person and, although I teach project management and planning, I like to be flexible and sometimes feel constrained by plans! My plans therefore will be high level – I can cope with that!

PROGRESS TO DATE

I've got an excellent personal trainer who today took me out for a walk in the rain - well he said it was a walk when he actually meant it was walking and running - which I don't do! The road was flooded, the path was flooded and we had to leap across a small stream so all good fun! Wet feet are a small price to pay for trekking the great wall!

I've set up my website so people can contribute http://www.doitforcharity.com/louise and have emailed family to encourage them to sponsor me. Lots more to do though - this is one of the things on my list so I can now cross that one off (this is the first time I've created a blog too and I have no idea whether anyone will read it or be interested! Never mind - it helps me to focus and review progress so it's good for that alone!

Enough for today! Back again soon - maybe the end of the week is a good time to update!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment